Friday, June 11, 2010

Children's Artwork Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles


I have been experimenting with cutting old fashioned wooden jigsaw puzzles lately. Here is one I made of Tommy's artwork for him. He calls it Colours, Colours, Everywhere.  It has 15 pieces but is a little tricky with the randomly shaped pieces I made. Perfect for the 4 year old who thinks he is a puzzle master:)


I need some more practice with these so I will make a free 4 x 6 jigsaw puzzle for the first 2 people to email me (mamaswoodshop at gmail.com) their child's artwork. Colourful pictures with thick color lines will be easier to put together so the child can match the colors as well as shapes. It also makes a good Father's Day gift so if you are thinking along this route, feel free to write a message and make the picture trickier! I am sure it will take a little while for your young artist to create something and then for you to scan it so I will let you know here once I have received the first 2 submissions. Hurry!

4 comments:

  1. What a cool puzzle! And a great offer for a free puzzle too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get too excited. Remember I said I needed practice! He he he. I will do my best to make it beautiful. (Secretly, I needed a scan so if I mess up, I can print it again! Ah ha ha.) Thanks for your submission. You are the first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the second submission everyone. So thanks for playing along:) I will post pictures when they are finished.

    ReplyDelete